Areas of Law Not Covered
We recommend that if you have a legal issue, schedule an appointment with our office to determine coverage. The final determination regarding the extent of services available in a particular cases will be made by SLS.
If you paid the SLS fee and your particular legal problem is determined to fall outside the SLS Schedule of Benefits, you will be referred for legal assistance to the Columbus Bar Association's referral service, private attorneys, or other appropriate sources.
SLS may provide only limited advice and are unable to represent students in certain areas of the law, including:
- Personal injury and property damage claims
- Complex Wills and Estates
- Probate matters
- Unemployment claims
- Social Security Disability
- Business/real estate matters
- Non-moving traffic violations
- Contingency fee cases
- Other matters which may unduly monopolize program resources to the disadvantage of other students
SLS will not provide advice or representation to students in the following areas of law:
- Copyright and patent
- Taxes (except regarding the sale or purchase of a vehicle)
(Requires OSU login)
20 E. 11th Ave.
Columbus, OH 43201